Southwest Credit Card – A Must for Travelers
It’s safe to say that more and more people are starting to fly Southwest. Do these travelers realize the perks that they may be missing out on by not having a Southwest credit card? Let’s take a look at the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card. You will quickly see that having a Southwest credit card will have both immediate and long term benefits for you and your travels!
Southwest Credit Card Basics – Rapid Rewards Premier
Higher rewards rate than most airline credit cards
- 2 points per $1 spent on Southwest Airlines and AirTran Airways purchases made directly with the airlines
- 2 points per $1 spent on Rapid Rewards Hotel and Car Rental Partner purchases
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Nice Sign Up Bonus
- You’ll earn 25,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in your first 3 months of opening your account. This is currently enough for an average round trip fare when redeemed for Southwest’s “Wanna Get Away” Fares. Some round trip flights are not available for 25,000 points.
Great Anniversary Bonus
- You’ll also receive 6,000 bonus points after your Southwest credit card member Anniversary.
Other Southwest Credit Card Benefits – Rapid Rewards Premier
I’m also an avid flyer on Southwest Airlines. In addition to these great rewards and bonuses, you also get these great benefits of being a Southwest credit card member:
- Get to A-List Faster by earning 1,500 Tier Qualifying Points for every $10,000 in purchases along with up to 15,000 Tier Qualifying Points each calendar year
- First and second checked bags fly free
- Points don’t expire as long as you have flight or Partner earning activity every 24 months
- No Blackout Dates and Unlimited Reward Seats apply to your flights booked with points
- No Change Fees if you need to change your flight
Additional Southwest Credit Cards
- Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card
- Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier Business Card
- Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Plus Business Card
More great credit card articles on NottaLotta®
- Negotiate a Lower Credit Card Interest Rate In 5 Simple Steps
- Winning the Credit Card Game
- Disney Credit Card, is the Reward Worth the Risk?
- I’m get a bunch of points this month!
Southwest Rapid Rewards Program
Don’t forget to sign up for the Southwest Rapid Rewards Program! To get enrolled now, click here.